Friday, March 23, 2012

Atlanta Aquarium

For Spring Break, Ian and I went to my parents house, and hour north of Atlanta. While we were there we visited the Atlanta Aquarium, which is one of the largest in the world. It was so good to see my family and I feel very blessed because I get to go back in a week! Yay! But, I wanted to share with you a few photos from the aquarium, because I was amazed by the marine life there.





The aquarium has a tunnel beneath it's biggest tank, so you get to see the underside of some really big fish!



Scary!

Whale Shark

Ian has nightmares about these Japanese spider crabs. They can grow to the size of a small car!

Dragon Seahorse

This octopus was so funny! He was hiding behind a rock, and when I pulled out my camera he slowly pulled himself out and made this pose. When I put the camera down, he immediately went into hiding again!

Name that movie! Hint... you can kind of see Nemo swimming by. 

Did you know Beluga Whales have belly buttons? Well, they do!

History is written by those who make the wake, not by those who ride on it, nor by those who watch safely from the shore. 

Don't they look plastic?

These frogs are super poisonous. Indians used to rub the tip of an arrow on their skin to infect prey.

And this one is poisonous enough to kill 10 humans.

Sad day.




My sweet mommy and me! Do we look related?


Have a fantastic weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment